Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2004 Re-Visited

Found these two poems on my jump drive that were copied out of my journal from 2004. These were written a few months before I met Anthony. Funny where I was then--so full of doubt and fear and long-suffering for someone unworthy. It's fascinating to look back at my fears, my heart-break. Fascinating and funny.


Me circa 2004. Don't let that pretty smile fool you--I'm bursting with teen-angsty love poems about heartbreak.

My Greatest Fear

She woke up one day,
in her nice house
with her nice children
and her nice husband.
And she wonders,
            “Where did my life go?”
And excuses are her breath.

July 4, 2004

Dear You.

Dear you,

I miss you. I miss you.
I miss you. I miss you.
I miss you. I miss you.
I miss you. I miss you.

Someone knocked at my door today—
            And I prayed it was you…
            …I feared it was you.
It was my Mother.

My heart was pounding in my chest,
            because I thought it was you.

A little fuller in the figure, but lighter in the load. Happiness abounds. November 2011.



No poetry to share--haven't writte poetry in years. I'll take that as a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment